The first job is not always the one you want or dream of and it may even be hard to find without experience. Know in this article some tips to find it.
How to Find Your First Job
You may have recently finished your studies and have no experience of any kind, so the first job will not always be what you want or dream of, and it may even be hard to find. However, that is no reason to lower your arms.
Here are some suggestions so you can find your first job and enter the working world.
7 tips to get the first job
- Diversify the search channels: At present we are lucky to find job offers in many places. It is no longer just looking in the newspaper for the Sunday classifieds, the proposals are online in the various sites that are dedicated to it. It can be a work page or a human resources office.
When you are just beginning, it is very difficult to find “the work of your dreams”. Remember that the first job is the one that will help you gain experience.
- Take advantage of your contacts: Ask all your family or friends about the job opportunities they know, you never know where you can get a good job that also does not exclude you for not having experience. Maintain relationships and contacts with various publics, attend job fairs, do not hesitate to consult at a family reunion or party, etc.
- Do not wait for the ideal job: When you are just beginning, it is very difficult to find “the work of your dreams”. Remember that the first job is the one that helps you overcome inertia, allows you to fill some lines in your CV, makes you learn about obligations, schedules, and bosses, explains about companionship and professionalism, and serves to start keeping accounts of your expenses and income. Not for nothing the owners of many successful companies today started working in a fast food restaurant, a call center or a supermarket.
- Do not “fill in” the problem by studying more: If you have just finished school and you still do not look for a job, it will be harder and harder to find it. It is true that the more knowledge you have, the better your chances of finding a job, but you also need to know that companies pay attention to your previous experience as a worker to give you the job.
- No excuses: “I do not have time to study”, “I pay little”, “I have to travel a lot”, etc. they are just some of the most common phrases so that we do not have to go to work when we are kept at home. However, having your job and your money will make you independent of your parents, even if it is to buy what you like or leave when you want.
“Ask all your family or friends about job opportunities they know, you never know where you can get a good job.”
- Identify what your skills are: It is true that you have never worked before, however, the CV must say something good about you. Analyze what your strengths are, what you like to do and what you do best. Think about the activities you did in other areas, such as a club, a student center or a neighborhood development society.
- Do not let time pass: It is almost certain that finding the first job will be just a “springboard” to get higher, especially if you are studying or have already been trained. Therefore, once you have achieved it you must continue active in the searches and continue increasing your network of contacts.